The evening of 6 April 2022 promised to be a bright one with the return of the Chronos d'Or 2022!
What is the Chronos d'Or's ceremony ?
This ceremony consists in rewarding the best French skiers and snowboarders of the season. The results of this celebration are the result of various votes carried out by internet users on the Dauphiné Libéré website, in addition to a jury of experts.
This year, 13 categories have been put forward with women's and men's alpine skiing, women's and men's biathlon, women's and men's Nordic skiing, women's and men's freestyle skiing, women's and men's snowboarding, Champion of Champions, women's and men's handiskiing.
During the 2021 ceremony, Alexis Pinturault received the ultimate award: the Champion of Champions trophy, thanks in part to the crystal globe he was able to obtain that year.
In 2022, the results of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, in addition to the World Cup, obviously had a considerable influence on the various votes. The competition was tough between the French athletes who were able to respond on the professional ski scene this season.
To host such an event, a venue was obviously needed that could respect the charm of this ceremony. Located between lake and mountains, in the heart of Haute-Savoie, it is the Annecy congress centre, situated in the heart of the Impérial Palace, which received this celebration of French skiing as it has done for several years. Its large conference room had the honour of welcoming around 500 people, to attend this edition full of suspense in the presence of renowned athletes.
Who are the Chrono d'or's champions ?
Congratulations to Quentin Fillon Maillet who received the Champion of Champions trophy in addition to the Golden Time in the men's biathlon category... The most anticipated trophy of the evening
Here are the results of the other categories:
- Chrono d'Or in Women's handiskiing: Marie Bochet
- Chrono d'Or in handiskiing for men: Arthur Bauchet
- Chrono d'Or in Nordic skiing for women: Delphine Claudel
- Chrono d'Or in Nordic skiing for men: Richard Jouve
- Chrono d'Or snowboard women: Chloé Trespeuch
- Chrono d'Or snowboard men: Merlin Surget
- Chrono d'Or freestyle skiing women: Tess Ledeux
- Chrono d'Or freestyle skiing men: Terence Tchiknavorian
- Chrono d'Or in biathlon for women: Justine Braisaz
- Chrono d'Or in biathlon for men: Quentin Fillon Maillet
- Chrono d'Or in alpine skiing for women: Tessa Worley
- Chrono d'Or Alpine skiing men: Clément Noël
Photos by France 3 (D.R), Fédération de Ski Français & Ski Chrono